Monday, February 1, 2010

Back Story

While looking for information about my Ford garden tractor I found “ My Tractor Forum” after being a member there for a little while I wanted to find another tractor to work on and use. I was impressed with what other members were doing with their MTD 990 tractors and began to watch craigslist for one. MTD sold their tractors under many names. But they all had common easily identifiable features, such as distinct grill and 15” rear wheels.

I found this 1977 MTD 990 on craigslist and drove 370 mile round trip to go get it. It ran but smoked some.

After getting it home I drained the gas and added fresh gas and a fuel filter, and then changed the oil. I ran it a little to get a feel for it, and put it back in the barn until I would have more time to work on it.

The plan is to use it to put in a garden this spring.

Here is the tractor,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment