Monday, February 8, 2010

Thinking out loud.

Doing some thinking today about tire options.


The turf tires on the rear are in decent shape but have a few weather cracks. The front tires are mismatched and in rough shape.


The rear tires are 27x9.5-15 which is a semi rare size. The fronts are 16x6.5-8.


Since this is going to be a utility/gardening tractor I would like something more aggressive than the turf tire. However it might be nice to keep the turf to be able to use with tire chains in the winter.

Right now I am thinking about a 4ply R4 tire which is the tread type used on skid steer loaders.

example:

For the front tires I am undecided. I either want some tri-ribs or the Carlise HD Field Trax.

Tri-ribs would give it a field tractor look, but I think the Field Trax would give good grip but be easier on the yard when turning.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go with Big Ol' Knobby Tires (like on a Monster Truck)...excellent traction, won't need chains, and may aeroate (sp?) the yard at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete